Reminder: This post may contain affiliate links. For more info please read the full disclosure statement located under PR / Disclosure tab.Do you love the smell of coconut? It's a fragrance that I just want to eat every time I smell it! Okay, it's time to get your body glowing and smooth for the warm spring months upon us now with this all natural soothing coconut scrub.This coconut scrub is perfect to rid away dry winter skin to make way for fresh youthful skin. Enjoy!
Soothing Coconut Salt ScrubItems needed:
- 15-16 oz. glass jar
- 1 cup Tropical Traditions 100% Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 cup Pink Himalayan salt (where to buy)
- 1/4 cup doTerra Fractionated Coconut Oil* (where to buy) or another carrier oil
- 8 drops Geranium Essential Oil or another fresh floral/herbal pure scent
- 8 drops doTerra AromaTouch Massage Blend or another relaxing soothing favorite
- Melt virgin coconut oil in microwave. 60-90 secs.
- Add Fractionated Coconut oil to melted oil.
- Then add Pink Himalayan salt.
- Stir until combined.
- Add EO's - I'm using Geranium and doTerra's AromaTouch (8 drops each) which is great for soothing and relaxation. Geranium has a fresh & floral scent to it which these two will compliment each other. (where to buy)
- Let sit until coconut solidifies, stirring every 15 minutes. Can be put in refrigerator to speed up process.This steps can take about an hour.
- Stir until well combined and store in airtight container.
- To use, rub on skin and rinse with warm water - Enjoy!
*What is Fractionated Coconut Oil by doTerra? It's a light weight therapeutic grade all-natural carrier oil that instantly absorbs into the skin and leaves the skin feeling smooth and non-greasy, which makes this oil a perfect solution for topical therapies. Excellent for dry skin and will not clogged pores. Not edible.
Please note: Substitutions may be used for the coconut oils, salt, and essential oils that I used. For the very best in your DIY home crafting, make sure you use 100% pure EO's and the highest grade salts (do not use table salt)